AWP Consulting, Surveyors and Project Managers provide CDM Services from our base in North Yorkshire.
Our team includes experienced health and safety professionals with varied construction backgrounds and offers CDM services in compliance with the CDM Regulations 2015.
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 have established clear duties for clients, designers and contractors involved in the design, maintenance and construction of buildings. These duties differ significantly from the now superseded CDM Regulations 2007.
AWP Consulting have the experience, knowledge and skills to assist clients discharging their duties.
The Principal Designer’s primary function is to plan, manage and coordinate health and safety in the Pre Construction Phase and to liaise with the Principal Contractor to help in the planning, management, monitoring and coordination of the Construction Phase. AWP Consulting expand upon their appointed role as Principal Designer to ensure full support for the client in the discharge of client specific duties.
Our holistic approach to managing health and safety on projects previously as CDM Co-ordinators and prior to that as Planning Supervisors, provides us with the skills, experience and knowledge required to meet the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
Our service includes optional site safety audits which further assist our clients with particular reference to the need to monitor the implementation of health and safety arrangements established for the duration of projects.
We are well placed to act as the client’s key project advisor in respect of construction health and safety, risk management and managing the flow of information between clients, designers and contractors.
Our services include advising clients on:
- Compliance with client duties under the regulations
- Health and safety skills, knowledge and experience of members of the design team and the adequacy of the resources they have allocated to the project.
- Appointment of duty holders
- Obtaining and provision of relevant information to those who need it
- Notifying the Health and Safety Executive or other authority of a project.
- Ensuring that a Construction Phase Plan is in place and that suitable welfare facilities are provided.
- The Principal Contractor’s management arrangements for the construction phase
- Preparing the Health and Safety File and thereafter maintaining and making the File available to those who require it for subsequent work such as maintenance, cleaning, refurbishment or demolition.
AWP Consulting ensure that their clients discharge their duties to the letter of and within the spirit of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and provide a robust audit trail demonstrating compliance.